- What makes authoritarian and single party states unique to the 20th century (what sets it apart from previous dictatorships – i.e. Napoleon, Louis XVI, and other earlier forms of absolute power
- How dictatorships are mentioned in literature, film, and other forms of cultural media (i.e. George Orwell’s 1984)
- How conflict, chaos, and other forms of contribution lend themselves to authoritarian rule
- Why certain countries turn to dictatorships and others do not (i.e. the US resists)
- The idea that all dictatorships are alike – whether communist, fascist, etc.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
The conditions for a dictator
Hi everyone, As you are reading, please consider and comment on at least THREE (3) of the following ideas as they relate to the reading, or your own background knowledge: